Saturday, January 06, 2007

Two Little Conversations I Would Love to Have

Girl: "Why? What IS it? What did I do?"

Wang: "Honey, please... stop. Don't cry."

Girl: "Didn't I try hard enough? Didn't I love you enough?"

Wang: "No, no. Please. It's not you; it's me."

Girl: "Like I haven't heard THA-"

Wang: (increases volume, talks right over girl) "I'm just too shallow for a girl that looks like you."

Girl: "...?"

Wang: "Welcome to Dumpsville. Population: You."





Friend: (points to group of amazingly hot sluts) "Hey. Hey, Wang. Which one of those girls did you sleep with, again?"

Wang: (pause a beat)

then,

Wang: (deadly serious) "All of 'em."

Wang: (pause a beat)

then,

Wang: "Yeah..."

6 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

I wonder who this is. And what that means. And if the capitalization of my name is meant to be as angry as it sounds in my head.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wang: "Welcome to Dumpsville. Population: You."

p.s. I'm gay.

Best breakup lines ever?

10:46 AM  
Blogger Dutch said...

It's a great breakup line. I think Fry from Futurama used it best, but I've heard it in some great situations.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

Dutch said...

It's a great breakup line. I think Fry from Futurama used it best, but I've heard it in some great situations.


Yeah, I'm not even sure what the original incarnation is. The earliest I can remember is Futurama, and it certainly FEELS a little like a Simpsons/Futurama type line, but I really don't know where it came from.

A friend of a friend broke up with a girl he'd been dating for a month when he was in highschool by leaving an away message addressed to his girlfriend:

"Katie:

Welcome to Dumpsville. Population: You"


He was pretty cool

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's Simpsons, Bart the Lover episode. Bart responds to Miss Krabappel's classified with some letters and to get out of it he needs to write her a break-up letter.

Homer: "Step aside! Sensitive love letters are my specialty!

Dear Baby,
Welcome to Dumpsville. Population---You."

The family finally comes up with:

"Dearest Edna, I must leave you. Why I cannot say. Where I am going you cannot know. How I will get there I haven't decided yet. But one thing I can tell you, any time I hear the wind blow it will whisper the name... Edna. And so let us part with a love that will echo through the ages. -- Woodrow."

Homer wants to add "p.s. I am gay" at the end.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Yeah, yeah, that's right. That's the episode where they show Gordie Howe's career stats at the end. I KNEW it had the ring of a Simpsons quote.

I can sleep easy, now...

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home