Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Moment of Goof

Hammered out plans with my date last night. I offered a classy early dinner to leave the door open for her to suggest- with my gentle prodding- we catch the Tigers game afterwards. If dinner went bad, I was just going to drop her off at her door at 7:59, then hightail it to the closest bar with a TV.

It does appear, however, that I neglected to think of a third, better option.

Girl: "Wait wait. The Tigers play tomorrow night, right?"

Wang: (treading carefully) "Uh, yeah. Now that you mention it, I believe they do."

Girl: "Well instead of getting dinner, let's just go to a bar and watch the game."

Wang: (briefly considers impromptu marriage proposal) "Yeah, sure. Want me to just pick you up at like 7?"

Girl: "Nah, make it like 6. I wanna get a few in me before the game starts."


I can hardly remember what this girl looks like, but I truly think I'm in love here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home