Saturday, July 22, 2006

Poison

I watched my second-favorite ESPN WSOP broadcast tonight. I think it's the 1000K no rebuy event from 2005. Fischman won in 2004, and Cunningham wins it in 2005. ESPN does one of their random [insert ESPN WSOP riff] segments when Cunningham and Fischman get heads-up.

Anyway, it's my favorite because Cunninghan, Juanda, Negreanu and Ivey talk about their "crew" from the late 90s. Except it's basically just Negreanu babbling, and the other 3 guys posing for a few photographs wearing Full-Tilt hats and looking uncomfortable. I feel like Negreanu might have made the whole thing up, because the ESPN production crew just had to cobble together random soundbytes from Juanda and Ivey. Cunningham's parts could pretty much mean anything, as I'm sure they had him for like a 20 minute interview at some point, and ESPN's WSOP coverage is:

a) NOTORIOUS and

b) SHITTY


Well, in one of the clips, they show Phil Ivey turning from like the 8 seat, looking into the camera. And he says, "I wanna gamble wit-cha." It's hard to summarize why I love Phil Ivey so fucking much, but that might be the one thing I could point to.

Phil Ivey: (deadpan) "I wanna gamble withcha."

I've thought about this alot, and there's absolutely NO celebrity I like more than Phil Ivey. If I could be any man, it would be him. Most white guys I know would choose somebody like Wally Sczerbiak or Tom Brady, but give my cracker-ass Phil Ivey's gambling-ass any day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know people who would want to be like Wally Sczerbiak?

5:18 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Odd, no? He's a white, good-looking basketball player that banged probably at least a hundred-thousand hot chicks at Miami-Ohio, so I can dig it though.

Wang

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you put it that way, it makes so much sense.

VIVA LA SCZERBIAK!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home